Truck doesn't start on first turn of key anymore

I have an 01 Silverado 5.3liter extended cab.

Outside having to replace all the brakes/rotors at 40k and have the transmission rebuilt at 55k its been a good truck. At 65k now.

In the past few weeks, when I turn the key (first time) the truck doesn't want to start, if i let it crank for awhile, it may. If I stop and try again right away, it fires up just fine.

Any thoughts from the mechanically inclined?

thanks.

Reply to
Zachary Mattson

MachineShop