Truck fires...only if its above 32 degrees outside???

1991 Chevrolet Silverado K2500 4x4 224,000 miles 5.7l v-8 350 (only 12,000 miles) 5w-30 Royal Purple Synthetic Oil

The engine cranks over and it will fire after a slight pause if it was in my garage all night but if its left outside and its a cold night it cranks over but doesn't fire unless i apply the gas pedal and pump it as it cranks over.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Chevrolet_Camaro

I have a 1990 1500 that had the same problem. The colder it ot, the harder it was to start but mine had 165,000 miles on it at the time. Turned out to be a bad ignition module. But if your truck has only

12,000 miles on it, you might want to check the ignition wires, coil and plugs.

Rich B