truck not running (fuel problem) PLEASE HELP

it is a 97 K2500 with a 350. the other day i was driving about 30mph or so and my truck hesitated a little and stalled.... I came to a stop and it started right back up.... ran fine the next day and then died again and wouldnt start...... i replaced the fuel pump and sending unit and still nothing....... some people say that i could have gotten a bad pump from NAPA but i have no idea........ if gas is put in the throttle body it will start for a minute and stall when it runs out.... ANY IDEAS

Reply to
neidha81

Check fuel pump relay and make sure pump is getting power.

Reply to
SnoMan

Check to make sure the pump is getting power. Did you also replace the filter?

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

u could also check the throutle body to make sure the injectors rnt stoped up. i have seen that a lot

Reply to
Eddie L

Reply to
Shep

Reply to
neidha81 via CarKB.com

Reply to
neidha81 via CarKB.com

Reply to
neidha81 via CarKB.com

My brother has a 1997 ,1500 , 4x4 and his truck is experiencing the same problem. A mechanic friend has recommended changing the fuel pump again. The pump failed in late 2004.

Filter replaced twice, no fuel pump pressure right now ( however the pump does supply some fuel to the fuel rail)

If you feed the throttle body fuel it will run for a few minutes then stop. After other websites mention the fuel pump again we are going to replace it again. However we are also looking into a problem with the Fuel Pressure regulator? It appears to be under the throttle body and within the intake? any other clues .

thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris