truck stalling any finally will no start

I had previously had problems with my 96 2500 gas 4x4. It would occasionally stall in parking lots as I would be leaving. This slowly progressed to a more common occurrence. Now I am at the point where the
truck will not even start and had to be towed home after stalling in the middle of the road. I notice that when It does not start the oil pressure gauge starts at 3/4 and buries the needle when I try to turn it over. When it does start the oil pressure is at zero and then once running moves to a 1/4 position. I took it in and the shop believed it would be the fuel pump. Since it has been stalled I have changed spark plugs, fuel filter, and oil and filter to mo avail. I am not anywhere close to a car guy but do know people who are. Any help from the group I would really appreciate. Thanks in advance