Truck will not turn off

My truck would not turn off. I had the truck in park, but the key would not rotate to the off position. I had to pull the fuse for it to finally turn off. I was able to remove the key, but the part that
the key goes into is stuck in the on position. Can anyone tell me what needs to be replaced? Thanks
the whole key lock cylinder itself. I had a similar problem with mine in the winter months and had to have it replaced. 30 minutes or so and good as new

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
I had the same problem except it wouldn't go to the lock position. Only to off. Dealer replaced the switch, key stayed the same and problem fixed.
Good luck,
Karl

Silverado wrote:

I had a problem with my lock cylinder (89 S15). a shot of wd40 cured it.