Truck won't restart... then does?

This group successfully solved the mystery as to why I could hear my injectors inside the cab of the truck (a fuel line was sitting against the seam of the cab). now I'm hoping you can help me with another
issue:
the last time I was home, I backed the truck out of the shop (after looking and looking and looking for this noise). after about an hour I went to move it, and it wouldn't start. 3 hours later, it fired right up? my truck has been the most reliable vehicle on the road in the 12 years I've had it, but then this last April it broke down on a cross-state trip. turned out to be the ICM. a month later, broke down again and turned out to be the pick-up coil. a month later, intermittent injector problems so I replaced both injectors and the ECM (with a gasket set for the TBI including a diaphram for the regulator).
any ideas on this last issue? you guys nailed the first problem!
thanks.

Model/year? ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

1991 Chevy K1500 4x4, 350 with TBI, automatic. since the first breakdown I've replaced the ICM, pick-up coil, ECM, and injectors. it's had a recent tune up; so plugs, wires, cap/rotor are all new.
ghost wrote:

Same truck, same start/no start symptoms- mine turned out to be the starter.
Larry

when it did that, (it's done it twice now), it turned over just fine... just wouldn't fire. the first time, it fired back up after 15 minutes... the last time, it was 3 hours later that I tried and it started. odd, huh?

Have you done a fuel pressure check when it fails to start? ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Next time it does that, try stepping down on the throttle a little bit while you are turning it over. If that doesn't work then realize that the truck is 17 years old and probably has a lot of old parts, crusty wires and dirty connectors. Short of replacing your engine's harness, you might take a day and go through all the connectors and clean them up, from the fuse block to the spark plugs. Replace the cheap stuff that can cause intermittent problems like the fuel pump relay (I've had to do that twice in ten years), the fuel pump oil pressure switch, all the fuses, maybe the ignition coil, etc, etc. Even if that doesn't fix the problem it may very well prevent one in the future, cause it sounds like your stuff is wearing out.

How about the fuel filter? -- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

A few things come to mind:
When the module was replaced, the connectors in the plastic plugs that go onto the module, might have gotten loose.
Secondly, Was the grease put on the bottom of the module before installation?
MAybe the wire between the distributor and the coil might have failed.
Just some seat of the pants diagnosis.
I hope this helps.
RK

--------
almost done ghost... Replace the spark control module. It sits at the base (and inside) the rotor cap. Its flat and black.
88-96... great trucks. Hold onto it. They are future classics like the 66-72's.
HDS
...module....don't forget the grease... ...they are temp sensitive...replace...
BD 89k5