true dual exhaust

95 z71ext cab 350tbi: this thing is just a fun truck, mainly for off-roading. I was thinking of going with some headers and true duals. It already has a cat-back flomaster setup. I want a nastier exhaust sound(I'm from Georgia, what'd ya expect). If I decide to 86 the cats and go straight from the headers to the mufflers, will I need to change/delete any sensors? I don't want to hear about why I shouldn't take off the cats, I just want to know what to look for when I do. Also, If I have to go with dual cat$, am I going to run into any O2 or other sensor problems with that setup?

Thanks,

C.

Reply to
C.B. Evans

Michael McNeil

If you have 02's after your cats, I think you'll need to unplug them and run 02-simulators to stop any codes from being thrown. Of course they're for off-road use only. ;)

If you don't have 02's back there, you 'should' be okay.

When you go for headers, make sure you go for nice long tubes. The shorties don't provide nearly as much gains. I think you'll want to stay 1 3/4" or under on the primary tubing for even more low end grunt.

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Thanks Marc,

Any good recommendations on the headers. Something that has been proven in these trucks.

I also remeber reading something here or on chevytalk about finding my gear ratio. Is it on the inside of the drivers door or on the rear end itself. Need to find it so I can change tire/rim size.

thanks,

Chris

Reply to
C.B. Evans

Unfortunately, I don't know much about what brands are good on the 5.7 motors... I'm mainly into the GenIII stuff.

If "TOG" ("The Other Guys Headers" is the company) makes them for 5.7's, I'd definitely look into those. They have a lifetime warranty and are build real well.

I hear these here:

really good too. They look like they're on the shorter side, but they're designed real well.. The price is great too...

..........I'm not too sure. I know there is a method where you jack up one or both of the rear wheels, spin one/both of the wheels one full turn, and count the number of times the driveshaft spins around.

like.... 3.5 times would probably be 3.42's... 4 times would be about 4.10's., etc.

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Both wheels off the ground. You need to spin them both, or count how many times you have to spin the driveshaft in order to spin both wheels one time.

Reply to
SBlackfoot