Tune up -- Engine Analyzer

I have an 87 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 350 and fuel injection, standard ignition (no HEI). I'd like to tune it up but, apparently, I need an engine analyzer to assist in setting the dwell. I do have one that was
my Dad's but, I have no idea how to use it.
It has a switch for 4/8 and 6 cylinder engines. It has a knob with six positions; high RPM, low RPM, dwell, points, amps and volts. It also has a gauge with an indicator needle that displays the information for each setting. What I don't know is where do these five wires go to get these readings. Two of the wires are larger than the other three so, I'm thinking they go to the battery. The other three have small spring loaded jaws that are colored red, black and yellow.
These things probably all work the same way but if the brand and model would help but, it's a "Maxi-Tune" by RAC.
Thanks in advance. Jake

-
Try connecting the red and black wires to the two primary sides of the coil, set the meter to dwell and 8 cyl. the dwell on that engine should be 30 degerees.

-
That's it?? I was worried that I'd have to find out where each wire was supposed to be before I could just work a tune-up out of it.
Thanks. Jake
Shep wrote:

Remember I said "try", my dwell meter is self powered has an internal battery, you may have to hook the other leads to the battery, but I don't think so for the dwell reading.

-