Turn Signal Lamp Stuck On

I've got a 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer. A strange problem just occurred tonight. The left turn signal indicator stays on steadily and the driver's side turn
signal lamp stays on at all times...when I make a right (or left) turn, the signals behave normally...when the signal is done its back to the steady left signal indicator & steady-on driver's signal lamp.
Any suggestions for what I can try to fix this?
: I've got a 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer. A strange problem just occurred tonight. : The left turn signal indicator stays on steadily and the driver's side turn : signal lamp stays on at all times...when I make a right (or left) turn, the : signals behave normally...when the signal is done its back to the steady : left signal indicator & steady-on driver's signal lamp. : : Any suggestions for what I can try to fix this? : : If I remember this right, you've a problem with the turn signal switch in the steering column. You've got a brake hot wire to brake light wire circuit that's broken in the switch to allow the turn signal hot to light front and rear lights when the signal is activated. There's also a few other hot wires around there, and since the white plastic bit on the end of the turn signal stalk is the only part that moves, I'd guess that's where it is.
Since you've got power to all four corners until you move the turn signal stalk, and fuses don't blow, - yeah - look at the column switch itself.
It'd be a good idea to check the plug on the steering column where the wires come out of the column in case something rubbed through them.
Dave

Simple solution: only make left turns. :)
Why? The turn signals work...its just that when I'm not turning, the left signal indicator & steady-on driver's signal lamp stay ON.

tonight.
turn
the

I've noticed a similar behavior on my Scout at times. It's usually been related to a bad ground at the signal light. Check the bulbs and grounding of the front and rear signals. HTH, Myron
The left turn signal indicator in the dash is stuck ON only when the headlights are turned on. The left turn bulb on the front blinks when turning, but is off otherwise...unlike the right front turn bulb. Are you telling me that the steady left turn signal indicator is telling me to replace the front left turn bulb?

tonight.
I think its telling you that you have a bulb burned out. Its not the turn signal bulb. Its in the turn signal housing but its a small bulb that can be seen from the side of the truck. Turn on your park lights and look at the right side of the truck. You have a parklight that is seen from the front and another (smaller) light that's seen from the side. If you turn on the right blinker, it blinks in front and on the side. Do the same on the left. The small bulb to the side of the truck is not working. This might all be for nothing, cause I've been wrong before. GM started this stuff in the 70's I think. On older trucks, it was a "clearance" light in the fender (separate from the turn signal, but it blinked with it.) .

turn,
steady
Thanks for the good info...that sounds like the problem. Now, is this bulb easy for a novice to replace?

side
Should be pretty simple. If the lense has screws, you remove them and the whole thing comes out as an assembly. The light fixture comes out by a quarter turn left. The bulb is a straight plug in. If it doesn't have screws, you'll have to reach behind the fixture to remove the light but it should be easy too. .

Move to Fort Meyers and you will fit right in with all the other seniors.

occurred
driver's
left)
the