Turn Signal lever removal??? 1987 GMC Sierra

Anyone know the proper way to remove the turn signal lever arm? I have a 1987 GMC Sierra, tilt, cruise and intermitent wiper switch are located on the signal lever arm. Also any idea what a new switch would cost? The
problem with the lever is, I cannot turn the wiper switch on. It seems jammed and won't roll forward. Also before this happened, when I want to turn the wipers off, they won't park. I have to twist the the wiper switch backwards till the wipers are near park position then release the switch. The intermitent didn't not work right either. They would just be low or high speeds. Would this be a switch problem, or up in the wiper motor itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mike
On Mon, 17 May 2004 20:35:05 -0400, "Craven"

The lever pulls right out. Best to try at the scrap yard before you work up the courage to do it on your own. Once you do it you will be surprised at how easy it is.
--
Regards
Gordie

I hope for your sake it's gonna be a hell lot off cheaper than overhere. I payd 120Euro and had to install myself or theye would've taken another 100Euro for installing. Since one our in the shop costs about 65Euro. The mechanic told me the lever is the easiest thing, but the cable for the CC is sometimes a pain in the ... .
Good luck wih the fiddeling with the cable.
Marc Heerlen, The Netherlands K1500 '88 4X4
Marcel wrote:

There is an easy way to do it....the cruise cable goes the length of the steering column. Think its 4 tiny wires wrapped in black sleeve. It plugs into a connector on the column under the dash. In that connector is a hole, use a piece of piano wire to loop in the hole when pulling the old switch out. Then when putting on the new switch, connect the piano wire to the new connector and pull it back down the column with the piano wire. Shouldn't take more then 20minutes. New switch is around $100 from the dealer. Doug

on
I got the cruise wire all figured out. But the new switch ($112 CDN retail 72 my cost) The problem I have now is how to run the switch wires through the column with a big plug on one end, and the switch on the other. They don't come apart. I am going to install this tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help guys. Very much appreciated.
Mike
On Thu, 20 May 2004 21:07:44 -0400, "Craven"

You will notice that the wires on one side of the ribbon are linger than the ones on the ther side, What happens is the big plug on the end actually goes down the column sideways. If you are retrofitting a column that has not bee fitted with cruse from the factory you will need to pull the steering wheel to get at the passageway so you can feed the plug down from the top. You will also have to pull the lever out of the switch the way I suggested in my previous post and then you can get the plastic housing off and then you can do the work. If you are replacing an existing cruise switch and wiring you can use piano wire (who has THAT kicking around?) or just pull a string through with the old plug and pull the new plug back through with the string. The cruise from a car has shorter wires than for a truck. These are things I found out the hard way
--
Regards
Gordie

have a

located
the
around
retail
know
All fixed. Everything is working great now. The intermitent is working great. The switch needed replacement, because it was stripped inside, but the intermitent wasn't working even after the new switch was put in. But I found the problem to be in the top electrical plug on the wiper motor was bad. It wasn't making a connection. So I took the plug apart and resoldered it back together and, voila! everything works perfect.
Thanks again guys.
Mike