Turn signal problem on 99 Tahoe 2x4

Something weird is happening to my turn signal since this morning. When I activate the left signal to go left, everything is working properly but when I activate the right turn signal all turn signal
(left and right) are flashing simultaneously,
Also when the headlamps are turned on. no turn signal, even the left one, is flashing
Any help?
Thanks
Garden wrote:

There was a recall on the 'multi function switch' on my '00. I'm not sure about other years...
There was some defect with the switch, where the connector would come loose and cause all kinds of problems. In mine, I lost my main brake lights. The third brake light would still work. I forget about the directionals, but the hazards definitely didn't work. They would stay on solid, but nothing out back.
I found that if I pushed the red hazard button to the side, everything worked great. I jammed something in there when I first found out about the problem. A new switch went for something close to $300 at the dealer. There was a TSB out at the time, and I heard there was going to be a recall on the trucks because of the failing the brake lights... so I waited for that to come out before I got it fixed.
-marc
I have exactly the same problem going on on my 1999 Yukon truck for about a week now. The brake lights function but only when the headligths off. Other thing is that when I brake or turn during the day, the dash and audio unit lighting flash repeately.
At nite time, the brake lights do not function at all and the turn signal do not flash as well. My mechanic could not figure out what the problem. May be someone in the group experienced the problem before?
Please keep posting

If you have trailer wiring, unhook it and see if your problem goes away. (Similar problem, 96 Suburban.)
MWS

I don't have any trailer and no new connection have been made to my truck for a while. I just remember that when all this started , my dash ligths were flashing everytime I brake or activate the turn signal
On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 03:51:39 GMT, "Mark and Ellen Smith"

have you changed the bulb? maybe the wrong one. A single element instead of a double element. just a idea....

Yes I replace the bulbs when this problem started and no change so far. The bulbs as source of the problem are ruled out.
Now the dash board and audio system lights flash at the same time as the left turn signal is activated and when I brake, the dash board and the audio system ligth up. Very weird situation