Turn signal trouble

My 99 K1500, 60,000 mi, original owner, started acting funny. When turn signals are on, and you apply the brakes, the turn signals "freeze up" until
the brake is let off. Is there a common relay that's easy to get to that could be causing this? I hate to take it to the dealer, seems everytime they tear something apart some new problem pops up. Thanks Chief
there's your hazard flasher and ur turn signal flasher; i have a 90 model and both are located up under the dash in front of the driver; it may be different in the 99; check your ground wires(trailer wiring, rear tail light strips, etc). Mine used to blink fine until i but on the brakes and it would go super fast, come to find out it was just a blinker bulb went bad.
Good luck TB

usually a bad ground in one of the rear light sockets' wiring.
when you hit the brakes, the brake lamp voltage back-feeds to th turn signal supply, thru both filaments
take off the covers, and hit the brakes
the one with the bad ground will cause the smaller filament in the lamp to glow faintly when the larger one comes on