Turn Signals in Mirrors

I wanted this feature because I thought it would be a great safety addition, WRONG.

Night time driving, add some rain to the picture and the drivers side mirror blinds you and makes it where you can not see anything in the mirror.

What does the wiring schematic look like for this side. Mirror function, turn signal function, are they LED's??? Tx, Mike

Reply to
Mike

turnsignalfunction, are they LED's???

What type of vehicle are you talking about? Make, Model, Year?

Reply to
hudbud98

Sorry for this oversight.

2007 Chevy Silverado

turnsignalfunction, are they LED's???

Reply to
Mike

No problem, I could have assumed a Chevy, but the rest would have been a guess... :)

The mirror uses LEDs. There should be a module behind the mirror with two wires exiting. I would think cutting one would solve your problem. While it's not the same mirror, you can see the back of the mirrors from the previous generation's mirrors in this eBay auction:

Mirrors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33649QQihZ020QQitemZ300078819185QQrdZ1

It appears there is a green and yellowish wire going to the area where the LEDs for the singal are located. Maybe the wire colors are the same, maybe not, but you should have the idea.

Reply to
hudbud98