turning steering wheel fixes no start condition

Every so often my s10 blazer 85 will only click when I turn the key but if I turn the steering wheel hard this usually will fix the problem and the truck
engine will crank no problem. What part does this symptom indicate needs replacing?

Is it the original starter? Sounds like the solenoid is sticking. Take a hammer and tap the solenoid on the starter when it doesn't start.
Cheers

why would turning the steering wheel fix a stuck solinoid?

If the key switch is in the steering column, then perhaps turning the steering wheel is causing an electrical connection to connect better.
I would look at a factory wiring diagram and see what all electrical is activated in the steering column to start the vehicle. If there is electronic security which needs to read a chip in a key, I would suspect something related to that.
Might also try jiggling the key switch and playing with the wires going to the steering column from under the dash when trying to start. See if that gets it to start as well.