Two trucks

I have to buy a truck next week, as my old chevy just died. I'll bring it back to life in the future, but I need a truck for work and I need one right now.
I am down to two choices:
93 2500 4x4, 5 speed, 305
88 2500 4x4, 5 speed, 350
Both have a little over 100,000 miles, both are in very good condition, and both are about $5000. I'm guessing that the 88 has a getrag trans, while the 93 would have the nv4500, is that correct?
Will the fuel injection system on the 93 be much improved over the 88?
Any other reasons why one truck might be more desirable than the other?
Degree of underchassis rust? TBI is the same. 305 is underpowered in a 2500, are you sure that is the engine, thought all 2500's were 5.7's?

-

I believe both engines would have TBI...which was pretty much bullet proof in my experience. I had a 1/2 Chevy 4x4 with a 305 and didn't like it at all. In that particular instance, it seemed very under powered. Of course, you should remember I only owned the one 305.
$5000 for any vehicle that old sounds like too much money to me.

Maybe I could make some emission legal mods?

Agreed, but I'm desperate. Both trucks are from dealers. I'm self- employed and I need a truck for work.
Thanks for the advice.

the 305 is not a desirable engine. the 350 is much better. to bad it is not in the 93 old john