Update on my dads chevy...

We just finished replacing the engine in my dads Chevy. It was out in the rain a couple of days and some water got in the engine despite our best efforts to keep it dry. It went in fairly smooth and after we drained the
water, installed the engine and started it. It still smokes white smoke out the passenger side exhaust. We really haven't gotten to drive it except to iron out trouble like the vacuum shifter wasn't plugged in and the temp sending unit was broken. It sounds real nice. I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me fix the problems. I hope it goes well because I am not changing the engine again anytime soon. I do have to work on my truck once and a while too. Any idea's about the white smoke in the exhaust?
white smoke in the exhaust could be and probably is a burning of transmission fluid in the engine. This happens when a modulator valve(usually on the back of the transmission) has a leaking diafram and the connection from it to the intake manifold of the engine allows fluid to be sucked into the intake and is burned. "White smoke" i am surprised that it only comes out of one side. old john replace it for 40.00 it is on the outside of older trannys. follow the intake hose down to it. old john

out
idea's

transmission)
That's what it was. We figured that out after the second rebuild we did. It only did it out one side because its dual exhaust but mostly it was sucking the fluid into the number 8 hole from the intake and burning it there.
glad you fixed it. old john