Upgrading brakes on GMC Z71

I have decided to upgrade the brakes on my GMC Sierra K1500 Z71 to a larger disc and rotor. I am doing this because I am upgrading to a set of 36 inch tires and am worried about how the brakes will work with such heavy tires and wheels.

Any advice on upgrading the steering to handle this? Has anyone ever used the shock absorders for steering?

Thanks in advance for your input,

Blair

Reply to
Blair