Upper Control Arm Bushing

I have an 01 Jimmy 59,600 miles and I get a clunking sound from the left front are near the A Pillar when I pump the brake and of course when I am on slightly rough pavement. I drove the mechanic I use and then he drove it and said that he thinks it is the Upper Control Arm Bushing and will put it on the lift next week when I leave it for him.

My question is how much would this be in parts and labor hours? He quoted my $275. Is that a fair number?

PS I live in Queens NY where labor is a bit higher than other places.

Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
Double Tap

The bushing is pretty cheap (about 25 bucks or lesss) but it is a pain to change. Have both bushing changed in it while arm is out. Be a good time to maybe replace upper ball joint to if he removes arm to press out old bushing and press in new one.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan