V8 in a Colorado??

There any rumors about the Chevy Colorado getting a v8? or the 275HP I-6?? or even a Diesel? I know the Isuzu D-Max (Colorado's brother) has a whole line of diesels over seas.

I have read that the I-5 is a good engine, but rather underwhelming if you want to pull anything.

I just love how the engine always gets 10% more powerful, but the truck gets

30% heavier with each revision.
Reply to
Trey

Not yet. It would probably take sales away from the full size. If they would make a v8 colorado with a 4 door cab and six foot bed I'd actually consider trading my s10 in on it but not until then.

Reply to
Eugene

Right now, the Dodge Dakota fits my bill, Mid size, v8. good torque. but the next gen Dak will be bigger, and I am not looking forward to getting a bigger truck. The Colorado is a good size, but rather gutless. I dont want a Silverado, or... I would like to have a Silverado, I just dont want to park the beast, or fill the gas tank! a 250+ HP Diesel with 300+ ft-lb Torque in the Colorado 4x4 would be about perfect! (with the five speed Alison auto)

Reply to
Trey

BUT you would have the power in a SMALL wheelbase and light weight vehicle for what? The bed is SMALL and have you ever heard of the tail wagging the dog when towing???

Drove a Colorado ext. cab for two days and was REALLY glad to get my 2500HD Crew Long Box w/ 8.1L back!!! The I5 couldn't even slowly accelerate from 60 to 65 MPH without dropping down a gear! That was with only one person, only a couple gallons on gas and nothing in the bed. Pathetic engine to say the least . . . and it rode rougher than the 2500HD big time.