V8 in a Colorado??

There any rumors about the Chevy Colorado getting a v8? or the 275HP I-6?? or even a Diesel? I know the Isuzu D-Max (Colorado's brother) has a whole line of diesels over seas.
I have read that the I-5 is a good engine, but rather underwhelming if you want to pull anything.
I just love how the engine always gets 10% more powerful, but the truck gets 30% heavier with each revision.
Trey wrote:

would make a v8 colorado with a 4 door cab and six foot bed I'd actually consider trading my s10 in on it but not until then.
Eugene wrote:

Right now, the Dodge Dakota fits my bill, Mid size, v8. good torque. but the next gen Dak will be bigger, and I am not looking forward to getting a bigger truck. The Colorado is a good size, but rather gutless. I dont want a Silverado, or... I would like to have a Silverado, I just dont want to park the beast, or fill the gas tank! a 250+ HP Diesel with 300+ ft-lb Torque in the Colorado 4x4 would be about perfect! (with the five speed Alison auto)

BUT you would have the power in a SMALL wheelbase and light weight vehicle for what? The bed is SMALL and have you ever heard of the tail wagging the dog when towing???
Drove a Colorado ext. cab for two days and was REALLY glad to get my 2500HD Crew Long Box w/ 8.1L back!!! The I5 couldn't even slowly accelerate from 60 to 65 MPH without dropping down a gear! That was with only one person, only a couple gallons on gas and nothing in the bed. Pathetic engine to say the least . . . and it rode rougher than the 2500HD big time.