Valvoline's MaxLife or Mobil one?

Would there be any advantage to going to the Max Life oil at Valvoline, or Mobil One, or something similar? My 95 GMC Sierra with the 350 in it is now
at 119,000 and climbing
--
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun !! "

Leave the MaxLife where it belongs............on the shelf and go with Mobil 1. Nothing is better for engines, new or old.
Doc
Thanks Doc. I was hoping for a qualified opinion from someone

So Doc, what's the correct way to do it.......change as normal with the M1? then 1K? Can I ever go back to the 'regular stuff' or do I have to stay with the Mobile?

Hmmm...any thoughts on Royal Purple? Jay

Can't say I have a valid opinion on it as I've never used it; sorry.
Doc

Doc, I'm interested in Royal Purple, as I've read articles about it in two different mags, Hot Rod and I think Road & Track. One thing they said was that it was the only synthetic oil that they ever experienced a dyno noticable increase in horsepower, just by switching motor oil. Jay

I've seen it in the Summit store and in the Jeg's catalogue; it's around $8.99/quart IIRC?
Doc
"Doc" wrote:

Red Line Racing makes a synthetic that is as good or better than Royal Purple from what I've seen. Red Line is not normally considered for street use by most people because it is cost prohibitive compared to Mobil 1. If I owned a race vehicle, it would get it though, but for now my truck gets nothing but Mobil 1.
Big Chris
I've used Mobil 1 in my cars and trucks for several years and recommend it highly. I also use Mobil 1 for motorcycles in my touring bike. The Mobil 1 for bikes is a bit harder to find around here though and I'm considering trying Amsoil. I've heard good things about it, any opinions?
Don

Thanks Doc. Doing the changeover tonight...I'll let ya know if I start breakin Mach3 with it...... LOL