Vehicle leans

Ok gang,
Here is one that I can't figure out. I have noticed that my truck is leaning to the left. I.E. vehicle is parked on a flat, level surface and
looking at it, it's visibly leaning to the left. What the hell would be causing this. The rear leafs, both sides, are brand new, so I doubt that is the cause. All tires are inflated correctly. The vehicle is a 99 Silverado Z-71.

Possibly you have a weak or loose front torsion bar.
nospam
Or alot of weight on the left side. ;^)

At 160# I doubt it, but thanks anyway.
So, if it is the t-bars, how do I know what I should replace them with. The stickers that should be on mine, are, so I don't know what weight rating they are.

I would think that in glove box there are a bunch of option codes on a sticker that don't mean much to you or I unless you have a book to decode them. But if the torsion bars are bad and need replaced the dealer can determine what the correct parts are by the codes. Again it's just a speculation but I would look at them.
nospam

Well, it sounds like pretty sound speculation to me. I can get a set of bars for 50 bucks off a wrecked 02, so what the hell.

Make sure that their interchange book shows that they fit your 1999 Z71. I don't know if they are any different or not.
nospam

Azwiley1, It sounds like a torsion bar is slightly bent (probably from hitting a pot hole or something). Before replacing it you could try the adjustment bolts on the cross member. If you can't raise the sagging side enough, you may be able to lower the other side some too. If you cannot get it ballanced well enough then the 02 bars sound good (if they're the right length and it's the right 'weight' vehicle (ie: a 1500, 2500, etc) - then for $50 it sounds like it's worth a try even if some interchange manual doesn't list it as a crossover. Elliott
nospam wrote:

but that would be a moodification and it wouldn't pass inspection. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Vehicle leans Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Apr 5, 2004, 12:13pm From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Azwiley1, It sounds like a torsion bar is slightly bent (probably from hitting a pot hole or something). Before replacing it you could try the adjustment bolts on the cross member. If you can't raise the sagging side enough, you may be able to lower the other side some too. If you cannot get it ballanced well enough then the 02 bars sound good (if they're the right length and it's the right 'weight' vehicle (ie: a 1500, 2500, etc) - then for $50 it sounds like it's worth a try even if some interchange manual doesn't list it as a crossover. Elliott nospam wrote: Make sure that their interchange book shows that they fit your 1999 Z71. I don't know if they are any different or not. nospam
Ok gang, Here is one that I can't figure out. I have noticed that my truck is leaning to the left. I.E. vehicle is parked on a flat, level surface and looking at it, it's visibly leaning to the left. What the hell would be causing this. The rear leafs, both sides, are brand new, so I doubt that is the cause. All tires are inflated correctly. The vehicle is a 99 Silverado Z-71. Possibly you have a weak or loose front torsion bar. nospam

Yer low on blinker fluid on one side.
Adair
wrote in message

probably has the radio tuned to NPR

Damn, I knew I forgot to check the blinker fluid!
wrote in message

maybe he has the winter air in his tires instead of the spring/summer air.

Adair
You could check the Muffler Bearings. They always went bad on mom's car causing all sorts of funny things.