Viper 3000 pro car alarm help??

We brought our 1994 truck into the garage to put on some motor mounts and some freeze plugs. We have to take it back Friday to do the front freeze plugs.
The car alarm is 10 years old and haven't used it for sometime, but today when we couldn't get it to stay off. We can push the button to stop it and drive it, but it will kick back on when the truck is turned off. It doesn't appear to be the switch. I would just be glad to take it out, but don't want to fix it so the truck won't start. I would appreciate your help. I couldn't even find an owners manual for it being that old.
Thank you Ryan snipped-for-privacy@c-zone.net

my guess is that they disconnected the battery when they worked on the engine? your alarm probably reset and is in the "autoset" mode... you might try www.dei.com they make the viper series and might have some info there...
Try asking in rec.audio.car. It sounds like its in the autoarm mode. Someone there should be able to help you. There also may be a phone number on the back of the remote. It should be DEI's tech support. They're usually pretty decent at helping out with that stuff. Another thing is to call around to a local Viper dealer. They could probably tell you too.
Brandonb
Ryan wrote:

We found a viper dealer. All he had to do was pull out the box and connect two wires that plug together to by pass the system.