volt meter

i have a 1999 chevy silverado w/6.0 liter and when the engine is cold the voltmeter will drop and the light will dim when ever i accelerate or press
the gas pedal. this only happens when the engine is cold. any advice?

First I would check the condition of the serpentine belt and the belt tensioner. Then if that's OK I'd get the alternator tested.
Brian
I agree with this one...Sounds like the belt/pulleys might be glazed or the alt. might be getting weak. Maybe a stuck tensioner? The battery replies are a good follow up if everything else checks out.

Your Battery is Getting WEAK Have it LOAD TESTED ..
ERIC BULLION wrote:

Measure the voltage with a good digital meter at the same time.