Voltage

2007 Silverado Classic Diesel

First start of the day only the volts stay at approx. 11.5-11.75. When the weather gets colder I can drive at night for about 5+ miles before the volts come up to 14.0. I have confirmed this with a DMM Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply to
Mike

Bad alternator? Should jump to 14 right away and drop to battery voltage as it becomes fully charged.

Reply to
Mike Dobony