Vortec 4.3

Hi all. My AWD Astro is makung steam in the exhaust. I dont find evidence of water in the oil. The engine runs well enough, it just makes steam and uses
up water and then overheats. I wonder which is most likely; a leaky head gasket, or a leaky intake manifold to head gasket?
Is one more common?

Well if it is a head gasket the intake has to come off anyway. May as well pull it and see. If I were a betting man, I'd bet it is the intake. If I owned the truck I'd pray it was:)
Al
Thanks. Is there a way to test and find out which it is? I want to bet on the intake as well.

evidence
On Fri, 06 May 2005 05:42:12 +0000, "(oYo)" wrote:

Some newer chevy engines have plastic intakes. Sometimes they crack and leak water into the engine. This is a very bad thing. I don't know about the vortec six though.
coldfire