Vortec 4.3

Hi all. My AWD Astro is makung steam in the exhaust. I dont find evidence of water in the oil. The engine runs well enough, it just makes steam and uses up water and then overheats. I wonder which is most likely; a leaky head gasket, or a leaky intake manifold to head gasket?

Is one more common?

Reply to
"(oYo)"

"(oYo)"

Some newer chevy engines have plastic intakes. Sometimes they crack and leak water into the engine. This is a very bad thing. I don't know about the vortec six though.

coldfire

Reply to
Mud