vortec fuel injector

with a vortec engine that is overfueling on the left bank of the engine, what are the possible problems and solutions? Can this be fixed under the shady tree in the back yard?

what year/car/engine
are you referring to a leaking cpi? If so, it is replaceable your self. did mine last month
94 vortec s10 blazer 4x4
What kind of job was that CPI to change? I've got a 99 and I have to change and injector

I think the 99 is probably different but for mine it was not too bad. just taking my time and alot of breaks. I replaced the nut/fuel line and that was the hardest part with the torx screw on the backside of the engine. took about four hours or so but there were many breaks. It was pretty straightforward just label and take pics of everything in case of problems later
mike
On 25 Jul 2005 07:44:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, the 99 is a different animal. I replaced the CPI on my 94 when I had it. Took most of a day, the torx bolt on the back of the intake was the hardest like you found.
The 99 has individual injectors. They MAY be accessible by removing the throttlebody, not 100% sure.
To get to the injectors on this 99 you gotta remove the throttle body plus the 'upper plenium', and it looks to be a bear of a job.