Water injection

Anyone here running water injection on an EFI?

You mean on an N/A car? Nope...
On an EFI car with a turbo? Yup!

Is the added O2 inthe exhaust much of a problem? Do you compensate for it?
I'm thinking of adding it to a N/A EFI.
Thanks

Running water injection reduces detonation and helps loosen carbon build-up on the valves, pistons, chambers. Probably some other benefits, but those are the ones I always heard the most about. I have really only heard of it being used for pick-ups with heavy loads and high HP(500, 600, +)
It has been around since before my time(I'm 36). Aftermarket kits aren't as prevalent as they used to be, but are VERY easy to make. As simple as an extra washer reservoir, electric washer pump, hoses, a fitting, and a low pressure jet that makes a very fine mist, wiring and a momentary switch.

Unless you have a detenation problem, you should not use it and even then only after trying higher octane fuel. It is not a magic bullet for engines.
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:52:23 -0600, "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote:

As the other poster posted... it's used on turbo cars to reduce knock. Usually you run a water/methanol mix. If your current NA rig is running right though, I can't really see a reason to use it.
"Back in the day" it got used on NA engines to reduce knock, but back then of course we had no electronic engine management (EFI, knock sensors, etc etc).
I think I still have a kit (in the box with dox no less!) from the company that became MSD (who's name escapes me right now) that did just that - had a little jet that you drilled a hole in the top of your air cleaner for, a line, a bottle and pump with a WOT switch. Punch it, pump turns on, sprays down carb throat. Pretty simple stuff! :)