Water leak from Sunroof /03 suburban

Hi, I recentlty purchased a 2003 Suburban. After a heavy rainfall a few days ago some water dripped down from the interior light just behind the sunroof. My wife also described a water "swishing"sound in the head liner. After some googling I found some reports that there is some type of sunroof drainage system built into the headliner. Is this true ? Could the drainage gutter just got too full and over flowed.

Thanks

Reply to
JJ

the gutter is probably clogged, open the thing and climb up there and look for clogged 'holes' . If there is a leak, you are looking at pulling the head liner out (no easy task for a suburban) then you can set up a sprinkler like the kind you water your lawn with, turn it on, locate the leak and repair as needed

Reply to
dirtdude

Thank you, I would have never guess that. I will look at that today.

Reply to
JJ