Water pump question

I have a 96 Chevy Tahoe 4x4, 5.7 V8. There is coolant leaking out from what looks like the area in front of the oil pan near the fan belt. It only leaks when the engine is hot and sometimes leaks a little coolant and
sometimes leaks a lot. I was told this was a sign the water pump was going bad. If so is this an easy thing to replace? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
"Foster McLean" wrote

what
going
On these engine, replacing the water pump is not real difficult. You will need to get a special tool to remove the fan/fan clutch assembly. Hopefully, you might be able to rent/borrow one from a local parts store. Other then that....it's basically remove a few hoses and 4 bolts that hold the water pump to the block.
Ian

Ian, What type of tool is needed to remove the fan/ctutch assembly?
Brian
"NoSpam" wrote

It's just basically a very large wrench that fits the fan clutch nut and another tool that holds the pulley while you turn the fan clutch nut. 90% of the time, I'm able to simply wack the wrench with a hammer and loosen the nut that way. Crude picture below:
http://members.shaw.ca/ianrmac/Images/48304.gif
Ian

Thanks Ian

Looks like this;