Weight?

How would I find out how much my truck weighs? 04' 2500 HD extented cab SLE 6.0
Thanks, Bill

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:59:32 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bill) wrote:

it might be on the sticker in your door sill where it talks about the tire size and GVW?
--
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net
remove ** to email

These weights are gross vehicle weight ratings not curb or shipping weight, that is on the title or registration.

-
To find out for sure just go to a farmer grain mill as they can weigh is for you accurately for just a few bucks or so.
Shep wrote:

--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com

Wally wrote:

GVW is on the door jam,,,
The actual truck Weight isnot on the TRUCK
if your State licence plates charge u by weight fir your plates then it will be on Your Registration Card

Drive over a commercial truck scale "off hours". Around here they leave them on 24/7.
Use them to weigh my car before doing dyno runs all the time!

I second the truck stop scale option. Prices range from 6.50 to 8.50 to weigh. These scales are accurate/certified platform scales. Just remember DON'T PARK ON SCALES WHILE YOU GO IN TO GET YOUR WEIGH TICKET. I sat for a half hour while some dummy weighed a uhaul then left it on the scale while he went in to get his coffee and slip.

What have you got against farmers mills if you have some around? They have very accurate scales because farmers sell their grain by them and most will weigh you for just a few bucks too. On here has a 100 foot scale accurate to plus or minus 20 pounds.
David Johnson wrote:

--

www.thesnoman.com

According to the '04 Chevy Silverado brochure:
GVWR for an Ext cab, long box and an ext cab short box is 9200.
Payload for 2wd, ext cab, long box is 3644 Payload for 4wd, ext cab, long box is 3372 Payload for 2wd, ext cab, short box is 3798 Payload for 4wd, ext cab, short box is 3569
Subtract payload from GVWR and you will have an approximate of the truck weight.
Weighing it will, of course, give the most accurate answer. I know that a local moving and storage company has a scale but I've never asked them about the public using it.
Hope this is helpful.
Ralph