Weird problem

Hello all, I have a strange problem with my 81 Chevy half ton. When it rains or snows heavy, everytime I take my foot off the gas, the engine stalls. This happens at red lights, or driving down the road. If I take my
foot off the gas, the engine stalls. Once the engine gets up to normal running temperature, it doesn't do it.
The engine is a '74 350 4 barrel carburator.
Any input would be appreciated.
TIA. Craig.
Probably getting moisture in the distributor cap. If there are a few miles on it the carbon tracking will cause it to miss fire and stall. I'd replace the cap, rotor and the wires if it were me.
Brian

I recommend warming the engine up to normal temp. before driving then it wont stall while driving before it has reached normal temp. It aint rocket science brother.........
--
Mad Dog

"Craig Cameron" < snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca> wrote in message
Carb. icing. That was one of the purposes of the stove box and tube up to air cleaner with the thermostatic controlled flapper in it. It supplied warm air to the carb. to heat it up on those old leaned out early emissions carbs. . Quick opening choke was used to lower emissions so heated air was needed to keep it ice free. Dry gas helps. It was the first problem encountered when we flipped the air filter lid for that racy carb. sound back then or added on that sexy chrome air filter.
--
John
Yup. Just sounds like a choke problemo to me. I always just let mine warm up fully (85' K5) but that isn't always sensible.