weird rocker adjustment

Anybody out there ever seen this in a 454? After adjusting rockers to 0 lash + 1/2 turn, I turn the motor over, not starting, and low and behold I can turn the push rod again, and if I start it, the rockers still clatter. I am running Crane roller rockers, new pushrods, new hydrolic lifters, and a new Crane cam. Oil pressure is roughly 42 lbs at idle and 190 degrees.

Reply to
schult.cindy

Lifter getting oil? Almost sounds like they are not full of oil.

Reply to
Steve W.

Not certain. I've been thinking the same. Do you know if it is possible to have an airlock in the channel. I've heard stories of people drilling a small hole in the plug in the front of the engine to bleed off air. Have you ever heard of this? If so, what size hole?

Reply to
schult.cindy

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep