Weird signal light blinking

I have a 95 Chevy K2500 truck. The tail-light flashers and the front (flashing) indicator lights all work. Both tail-light bulbs are brand new. The green arrows on the dash also work. There is nothing connected to the trailer wiring plug, but a tester shows that the power going to the 4 prong flat plug is working normally.

Here's the odd problem. When I signal to the left, the flasher blinks normally. When I signal to the right, the flasher blinks real fast. It's the same flasher (under the dash). And like I said, all lights work like they should.

This has me completely puzzled. I guess it's not a real problem, since they work and are legal, but being that I have worked on wiring all my life, this makes no sense. Has anyone else ever run across this? If so, WHY????

Thanks

Reply to
mancave

Dirty connection in the wiring causing higher resistance in the circuit. There are two ways to deal with it, trace the wiring and clean the connections OR install an electronic flasher that doesn't use the load resistance for timing control.

Reply to
Steve W.

SOunds like a bulb in the Right turn signal chain is failing and half of the filiament is shorted or the socket has shorted pins. Which increases current and causes the bulbs to flash faster.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

It sounds like one light bulb is burned out, or consumes less current than your slower-blinking light bulb.

Reply to
Desertphile

You are right! Problem solved!

There are TWO bulbs in those front yellow signal lights. Both the left and the right lights did light up, and during the day I could not see any difference. I looked at them at night, and saw that one bulb was burned out on the right side, but it was not noticable in daylight. I replaced the dead bulb and it now flashes normally.

Thanks to all....

Reply to
mancave

sounds like a weak flasher to me