What brush guards do you like?

Looking at dressing my 2001 sports-side reg-cab Z71 up. Thinking about starting with the brush guard/bumper guard. Can't decide on the style I like. Was wondering what other ppl on here like? I priced a stainless steel winch bumper at the warn place and it was like $1200. That's to pricey for me. Also don't care for a winch. I would like some kind of chrome bumper that I could maybe put 2 KC lights in the middle.

Reply to
2 Wheels

I got the Manik stainless for my 2003. ($685) Very easy to install. Had to lose the tow hooks because I didn't want to modify them. It helped the looks of it alot but you get a little bit of wind noise from it. It also has predrilled holes to mount lights.

Reply to
Williams

Warn offers a 'transformer' system for trucks that lets you buy in pieces. Say you don't want the winch plate, you can buy the mounting kit and wrap around headlight guards. There are also some cheaper kinds in JC whitney that look ok; and you can get a discount on stuff from them most of the time. Light brackets are also pretty easy to make if you have any old scrap metal lyin around.

Good luck TB

Reply to
Trailblazer