What can I expect if dealers orders a truck

Let's say that I walk into a dealership today and we decide that I buy a truck that they would order made according to options that I selected. What are the customary things that would happen, how much to
put down, are trade-in papers signed the same day, how long it could take etc.
I have done that 2 times. First time, I went to the dealership and had never been there before. They ask me to put down $500 on a new Silverado in 2000. Ordered it Feb 2nd, it was built the week of Feb 28th and I received it on March 6th. A little less than 5 weeks.
Second time was the same dealer on a 2003 Silverado. This time there was no down payment and they told me to expect 8 weeks for delivery. That was Jan 14th. It was built on Feb 17th and I picked it up on Feb 21st. A little less than 7 weeks.
Hope this helps.
Karl

if truck is not exactly what you want or if price changes (new rebates or incentives come out) that it is to your favor not theirs. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com