What chassis is the H3 based on?

Is it a one-off? or based on one of the other trucks?
I've skimmed some of the brochures and can't find any wheelbase dimensions
that match up but the tire offsets, etc might be a little different.
Also, where are those things made? And how many of the parts are heche en Mexico?
News Skimmer wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummer_H3
Thanks....a good summary.
skimmer

From what I was told, it is based off the Colorado. The bulletin I got from Chevy said the Canyon, Colorado and H3 have the same power train. Frank
News Skimmer wrote:

Greetings,
The H3 is based on the Colorado platform, which is why it comes with the I5. IMO, I belive that GM should have put the H3 on the Trailblazer platform and given it the I6 instead.
I also feel that the H2 should have been built on the 2500HD platform instead of the 1500 and offered with the Duramax diesel and Allison tranny, at least as an option.
My two cents worth...
Cheers - Jonathan

I first guessed and preferred the trailblazer platform. But the i5 gave it away even though the wheelbase numbers don't match up.
I'd also prefer a large v6 or small v8. I live here in Hot, Texas and we don't like small engines.
Skimmer.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000203060605080202010506 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I live in Raleigh NC, and have no problems in the NC mountains with my '05 Colorado. I haven't pulled anything, but I am happy with the power. I heard the '07 will have a 3.7L 242 HP I5 FRank