What is is about stepside trucks?

What the subject says.
I have had many people comment about how nice the truck looks and if I am willing to sell it. I've had many a cash offer to purchase the truck off of me on the spot. Last cash
offer being $5,000. Last night, a guy at work approached me and offered me a trade for my truck for his. He drives a 1998 GMC Sierra reg cab. Besides a few dents on the doors and a scruffed bed the thing works like a charm.
My truck is a 1993 chevrolet silverado stepside seen here:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/Truck4Hire/Vehicles/truck2.jpg
you wanna sell that thing?? I'll give ya 4500 cash right now..........
--

"Michael McNeil" <michael snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
american or cdn?

Might be because since 2000, the outside of the bed is fiberglass. Throw a rock up from a rear tire and it goes thru the fiberglass, it is a $1500 repair to replace the whole side. Your truck is all metal. If it is rust free, that would make it desirable.
Karl '05 Silverdo stepside
only rust on the whole truck is on the little horizontal indent on both doors which are getting repaired this spring.

Gee whiz, my sister have one of these, and i also notice it is easy for her to get in the bed and so on being a women,lol. But I do have noticed that there is a slight differ in the bed as most didn't know when carrying something. As I know cause there time when she needs to use my truck with a regular bed. other than that it a look fads that been around before like in the early 80's and the 50's to sell these as it looks cool and so on. The company wants to sell these to make a profit for their own and it the customer choice to buy the truck for their own needs even if it just for looks.
Per Whtblazer:

There is supposedly some functionality when hauling some kinds of livestock.
The spiel is that with wheel humps, some animals can break a leg if they're up against the hump and get pushed into it.
--
PeteCresswell