What is needed to stak a ball joint?

I have a 2002 Z71 Tahoe that needs a lower ball joint and of course I can't get one from Autozone or Pepboy so I had to get a new one from GM. When you open the box it has a big notice that says this ball joint requires staking to install.

Does GM have special tool for this or do you just take a punch and bend the lip over in a few places once the new ball joint is pressed in?

Michael Letchworth

Reply to
Michael Letchworth