What muffler you using??

2002 5.3, ext cab, short bed. What muffler are you using and happy with as far as noise etc. Can't seem to get recomendation out of flowmaster for one
without getting a whole system $500-$600 Any suggestions???? Tx

On my 2000, I have a cat back system with a flowmaster 3 chamber muffler. The 2 chamber is too loud for my liking. With the 3 chamber, there is a slight rumble at idle and while cruising. At WOT, it gets much louder!
HTH,
Derek
I've got a 70 series Flowmaster 1x3"in2x2.5"out. They make a system called the ForceII which is what I have. The American Thunder is much louder. Check out www.jegs.com I picked up the system for under $400
Rich
--
Return address modified for SPAM protection. Remove windy to reply.

"derek" < snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
Gibson or Borla will offer far better performance than flows. I have Gibson on my '99 Tahoe and Borla on my '99 Z71 Silverado. Neither is obnoxiously loud (i was 18 a long time ago) but have a solid throaty sound and they both out-perform Flows.
txag.