What pads and What fluid?

Hey all,
I am going to change my front disc pads this weekend because I need better stopping power and these have almost 70k on them (original I believe). I was going to go to NAPA and get their ceramic ones. Are
these the best for stoppping performance? I also want to keep the stock rotors and not go too wild (read too expensive). Just get a shorter stopping distance is all I am after.
Also, I need to change the rear end fluid. I do have the G80. Can I use mobile 1 in there or do I need the dealer's brand? If I can use mobile 1 do I need anything specific for the Eaton POS? Like friction modifiers or anything else?
Truck is a 2000 Silverado Z71, 5.3l, extended cab and tires are 285/75/R16 if that makes any difference with pads.
TIA,
Derek
Ceramic pads wont help until they are hot, once they are heated up then they will really grip the rotor. I don't recommend these for the street unless you're pulling a trailer down steep grades and need brakes that wont fade. Standard replacement pads will serve you well.
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10

========================(original post...start of thread)