what's involved in placing larger rear drums on 90 model standard duty chassis?

Hi all
I have a 90 model z71 reg cab with the standard duty chassis. I was wondering if there's any way i can put the larger rear drums on it to make
it stop a little better (haul a tractor, my work truck) anyway, i'd rather not convert the rears to disc, i was just wondering if yall have any ideas to make it stop better?
THanks
TB
TB, Do you have brakes on your trailer? If not it would be cheaper and you'd see more benefit then upgrading your trucks brakes. You could find a 6lug 3/4 ton and add the larger brakes, would be a pretty easy swap. Having said that however I have a 93 K2500 with 6lug (light 3/4 ton) and the brakes are marginal when hauling a 5000# grade tractor with no brakes on trailer. I've hauled it with and without the aid of elect traile brakes, without and you'd better be ready to pucker up when you need to stop. Russ On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:47:39 -0500, "Trailblazer"

electric trailer brakes and a Tekonsha controller