What's the difference in a Z71 and a 4x4?

co-worker says the only difference is the Z has a stiffer suspension. Thus making it a rougher riding truck.

z has the off road suspension making it a lil rougher on the street but softer on the "trails"

yes the z71 is stiffer, i had a 00 z71, then was dumb and traded it on a 04 blazer zr2, that was 2 weeks ago, well tomorrow i am trading it again on a gmc 4x4. and yes i noticed that the 4x4 is a softer ride.
Hey Charles H, what don't you like about your ZR2 Blazer? I was just curious to know. I have a ZR2 Blazer as well and wish I kept my 94 Blazer. I hate the ride and it makes to much f*en noise inside. I was thinking of trading it in next summer on a Trailblazer.

well the short wheel base, and the fact that ( and i know i am going to get balsted for this) the gas mileage, 13-15 mpg. i have had the gmc extended cab 4x4 since yesterday morning , and in figuring im getting around 17 mpg. plus the resale value sucks.
tried to mail you so check your in box
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:20:05 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Brian) wrote:

originally, a Z71 was a 4x4 w/ bilstein shocks, tow hooks, 2 skidplates and a couple stickers. nowadays, I believe they're even offering 2wd's as a z71.
hth, Bret
My GM dealer says they sell a lot more Z71 stickers than they do Z71 Trucks. Jimmy

funny, I would have them take that sticker off for me.
Jimmie wrote:

And Harley sells more stickers than bikes. So?
Brian