What's the difference in a Z71 and a 4x4?

co-worker says the only difference is the Z has a stiffer suspension. Thus making it a rougher riding truck.

Reply to
Brian

Cheryl and Rob

originally, a Z71 was a 4x4 w/ bilstein shocks, tow hooks, 2 skidplates and a couple stickers. nowadays, I believe they're even offering 2wd's as a z71.

hth, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

yes the z71 is stiffer, i had a 00 z71, then was dumb and traded it on a

04 blazer zr2, that was 2 weeks ago, well tomorrow i am trading it again on a gmc 4x4. and yes i noticed that the 4x4 is a softer ride.
Reply to
Charles H.

Reply to
Jimmie

Reply to
Trey

And Harley sells more stickers than bikes. So?

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Hey Charles H, what don't you like about your ZR2 Blazer? I was just curious to know. I have a ZR2 Blazer as well and wish I kept my 94 Blazer. I hate the ride and it makes to much f*en noise inside. I was thinking of trading it in next summer on a Trailblazer.

Reply to
Chris

well the short wheel base, and the fact that ( and i know i am going to get balsted for this) the gas mileage, 13-15 mpg. i have had the gmc extended cab 4x4 since yesterday morning , and in figuring im getting around 17 mpg. plus the resale value sucks.

tried to mail you so check your in box

Reply to
Charles H.