What shock absorbers?

I have a '97 Chev K1500 that probably needs new shocks (150,000 miles). The truck has a light camper mounted permanently, about 650 lbs. I had the factory "heavy-duty" shocks (not the Bilsteins) and
have been happy with them. The truck travels mostly on roads (some b-a-d), but little "hard-core" four-wheeling. Any recommendations for a good, functional set of replacements?
Thanks . . . Kurt
Kurt Herzog
Grants Pass, Oregon
I would check eBay for a good set of new take offs.......
Jeff B In maine

I have Monroe gas magnums on my 1999 K1500, I like them better than the OEM Bilsteins.
Brian

Kurt P. Herzog wrote:

    Monroe Gas-Matics! You aint got enough weight in the back to warrant coil over shocks. Charles
Bilsteins.