what type of transmission do i need for my 1991 GMC Sierra 4x4?

I need a new transmi\I ssion for my 1991 GMC Sierra 4x4 but I am not sure what type. I have been told that I can use a 700R4 or a 4L60 but I am not aware if there are different variations of the two and if so which type I will need for my truck.

Reply to
dawn1202

A 91 would use a 700R4. You want a 85 or later one with a 30 spline input shaft. The 4L60 is basically the same tranny except it has a electronic valvle body while the 700R4 does not. The cases are the same at bolting flanges.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan