Wheel Bearing?

98 Blazer, 70K. Got low tone humming noise from front end, (I think). All speeds, worse when turning left, none when turning right. Jacked up all four wheels and ran in 4WD--no noise. Spun all wheels by hand
and felt OK. Rotated tires--no help. Whadaya think? Wheel bearing? CV joint? Front diff? brody
I would think wheel bearings. you ran it in 4wd. No load on the wheel bearings. What about front bug shield, or window trim?
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"brody" <joe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
"brody" wrote

The right front wheel bearing is the most likely culprit.
Ian

Thanks. Guess I'll wait until it gets worse to verify.
brody
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:44:57 -0700, brody

FYI, it WAS the right front hub bearing. Out the door paid $668.25 at Chevy dealer in bay area. brody
It seems that the hubs on those trucks just plain sucked for some reason, I have a 99 jimmy with 90k on it and the bearing started making noise around 75k I just got around to being able to afford to fix it.

On our truck it was so bad that you couldnt hear the radio at 55mph, and when I took the old one off I couldnt even tell it was really bad by hand turning it. and when it was on the truck the wheel was tight, meaning you couldnt take the wheel by 12-6 or 9-3 with it off the ground and wiggle any, so I just changed it really without knowing just assuming.