Wheel Bearing 99 Jimmy

I've got the pleasent job of replacing the front bearing/hub on my 99 jimmy, I've got the caliper loose, but cant get it off, all it will do it wiggle around. How do I get that loose? Also do I have to take the entire spindle assembly off?

Reply to
Adam

Ok, If you got the two bolts or pins out of the caliper, you may have to shove the piston back just a bit. This should free up the caliper enough to remove it from the rotor. You will then have to take the axle nut off, then there should be IIRC

4 bolts in the back of the spindle holding the bearing on. You may have to put a chisle or something in between the bearing Assby. and the spindle to get it loose. Most likeley has ABS also, just take note of how the wire is fed through with the bearing. The wire IIRC again, may run up to a connector at the frame. Thanks, Tony D. Elm Grove Exxon
Reply to
ant30dio

Reply to
Adam

What about that big metal frame piece that looks like its holding on the rotor?? Does that have to come off too?

Reply to
Adam

I think your talking about The Calipiar mount or "anchor'(sp?), If it's keeping you from getting the rotor off, then yes. As of course you have to remove the rotor. I think it does have to come off on that model. Should be IIRC two bolts with 18MM heads holding it on.

Reply to
ant30dio

After about three hours and a lot of searching for tools (that took most the time) I got it done! Yeah, it looks as if everything in the front end is

18mm, thats the only socket I had to use except the 13mm for the strap bolts on the ABS wire. All went well though.

Reply to
Adam

Good Deal.....

Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
ant30dio

A tip on calipers. When the are resistant to coming off. Take a small prybar/medium flat blade screwdriver. Pry the caliper side to side thru the open 'inspection' port in the top of the caliper. This will compress the piston slightly. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig