wheel bearings

Page 1 of 2
WHILE DRIVING ABOUT 70MPH I THOUGHT I GOT A FLAT TIRE. AFTER PULLING OVER AND REALISEING IT WASNT, I CONTINUED ON MY WAY.AFTER REACHING ABOUT 50MPH IT FELT LIKE I WAS GETTING A FLAT AGAIN. WHEN I PULLED OFF
THE ROAD IT FELT LIKE THE TIRE WAS GOING TO FALL OFF.SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISNT A 500.00 BEARING JOB.

You want us to tell you what's wrong with your vehicle instead of you pulling the tire off and looking at it yourself? Well, from 394 million miles away, I can clearly see your cannibiling pin is bent. You need to go to the dealer and ask for the pin removal tool and reamer. Then buy a new pin .030 over sized. Don't go any larger without sleeving the wheel durraple. If you do, then make sure it's stainless uranium.
THANKS JIM BY THE WAY IM A GIRL AND CANT EVEN GET THE LUG NUTS OFF LET A LONE THE TIRE.I APPRICIATE YOUR ADVICE FROM 394 MILLION MILES AWAY.WHERE DO U LIVE (MARS?)

Men are from Mars!!!! At least that's what the book says.
BTW, you're welcome.
barbc123 wrote:

    The 'girl' excuse does not hold water with me. I know women who do everything including rebuild engines. One of them is only 4 foot 5 inches tall, and only weights in at 80 pounds.
    Heck my Ex who is 5'7, 155 pounds with a 40F chest, is a cirtified welder. She has rebuilt harley davisons, as well as made custom chopper frames for them.
    Now if you have never learned how to remove a tire, or check your oil. It's time that you did. Charles
Everyone is diferent and cant be expected to meet the standards of others.

What I was saying is why would anyone ask a group of people over the internet to diagnose what's wrong with their car or truck? Why would you not take it somewhere if you were unable to check yourself? She could have 4 loose lug nuts and we'd never know that. She could have a cracked rotor and we'd never know that. She could have a loose or broken tie rod end and we'd never know that. You name it, she could have almost anything wrong and we'd never know that. Telling her to try this or that is not the responsible thing to do. Check it out yourself or take it somewhere to have it checked out. What she was describing could be a serious matter and we're telling her to balance her tires.
Okay, so she can't or won't check it out herself and looking for help. Find someone that can look at the front end and give an intellectual opinion on what repairs need to be made. Leave the internet to simple, less life threatening things. Ask me my opinion on which tire you should purchase, ask me if metallic or semi metallic pads are best for your vehicle. You can even ask me what weight oil to use, but don't ask me to diagnose a potential catastrophic failure of your front end and its parts.
Climbing down from my soapbox, Jim Smith
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

Shades wrote:

    My point is: Gender as a excuse for in-ability is BS. Psychial Limitations on the other hand are a different matter. But the OP said she couldn't because she's a 'girl', not because she is psychially limited. Charles
And you automatically attack her and accuse her of being full of shit. Do you know how She was raised? Do you know her abilities? Do you know her in the slightest bit?
Who are you to judge what She can or cant do because of what some of the Females you know are able to do? My Sister is an awesome mechanic, horse rider, and driver, one of my other Sisters is awesome at volleyball and Taekwondo. They have the same parents, same upbringing...they are not the same person so they have different abilities.
If you know barbc personally and know her claim of being a mechanically inept Girl is BS, then yes, point it out. Otherwise, please don't attack a complete stranger because of your gender, abilities, beliefs, or upbringing.
Thanx...

Shades wrote:
Inline:

    Nope not at all. Any female who hides behind the excuse that there a female, and can not check to see if lug nuts are tight is full of BS. Now I could see my Mom not being able to check the torque on lug nuts since she is either in a wheel chair or uses a walker. 20 years ago she could.

    I know girls who don't know crap about cars. Yet for the most part they have learned how to check the fluids, put air in the tires, and to change a tire. If you are psychially capible of doing so, there is no excuse for operating a motor vehicle with out knowing how to change a tire. Let alone not being able to check your fluids.

    She posted: THANKS JIM BY THE WAY IM A GIRL AND CANT EVEN GET THE LUG NUTS OFF LET A LONE THE TIRE.I APPRICIATE YOUR ADVICE FROM 394 MILLION MILES AWAY.WHERE DO U LIVE (MARS?)
    That sounds like an excuse to me. I have worked with people that pull that sort of crud. I don't buy it for one second. Charles
You are full of shit! You know NOTHING about her other than her being female and driving a Chevy, yet you can dictate her exact abilities! HORSE SHIT! If she is hiding behind her gender to get help, well then that is HER choice. It does not give you reason to attack her to boost your shovanistic ego!
You are now on my ignore list!

Shades wrote:

    A Shovenist is the type that goes nuts even thinking about a woman working on something.
    Im the oppiset of that. Odd how offended you get at the idea of a woman learning something, aint it? Charles
Different address huh, well I will reply to your AMAZING ignorance and stupidity this once...
You OBVIOUSLY didn't pay ANY attention to what I wrote about 2 of my Sisters. I am VERY much in favor of EVERYONE learning EVERYTHING they can...INCLUDING you learning that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND HAS DIFFERENT ABILITIES!!! Did you hear that you ignorant speck?
Your comment about her being full of shit because she said she was a girl IS shamanistic...it is attacking someone because of their gender!
Your Proctologist called...He found your head, but the Lab called and said your brain and common sense are on back order!

I stand corrected...my block sender list didn't add you the first time...I made sure you were on it THIS time...and before you get your thong in a knot...spell check changed shovanistic to shamanistic...
"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

Thanx for the spelling correction...I was wondering why spell check wasn't getting it right...its because I was so far off.
If your going to encourage a stranger, telling them they are full of shit and comparing them to others is NOT a productive way to do it.

I imagine you do. I suspect most of the women you know smoke cigars and bathe at least once a year, too. Thankfully, not all women (or men) are alike.
One of them is only 4 foot 5

I agree that those are good things to know, but it's not required. I know lots of people that have all that done for them. Nothing wrong with that since it keeps people like you in business.
Dave
Hairy wrote:

    I only know one woman who Smokes Cigars. She is in her 80's, and still drinks.
    I don't go around women who won't take care of them selfs. Most women I know are rather well groomed.

    Everyone who is Psychially Able should know how. After all when it's 4am, your on your way cross country, aint many places to get help these days. Charles
Charles Bendig wrote:

Ok, I don't usually do this, but I just can't stand it anymore in this thread. That should be spelled "Physically"! Whew, at least somone else caught the chauvinist one (grin). And yes, I know what is being said, but it just "grates on you" after a bit.
Ian
yea, them guys always use them words that aren't sppeled correctly. Them guys need to use there brians like they was taut in scholl. Why can't we all just get along!
Jim Smith