Wheel Bearings 99 Chevy Venture

When I reach about 40 MPH my van starts making this loud humming sound. I took it to my mechanic and he said it was the right front wheel bearings. I rode with him when he drove it, and getting over into the left lane and then quickly turning right the noise goes away.

So, with that said does that sound like wheel bearings and how much is that gonna cost me to get repaired? He said he had to order the part because my entire hub was bad as well. Which he had warned me about months ago, but I never got around to fixing it. I've tried it myself, quickly steering to the right does make the noise go away.

Reply to
Scott

Last time I did a front hub on one of these vehicles the part was a little over $200CDN and it took well under an hour to replace.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I reaplaced the ones on the front of our 99 Jimmy and they cost me 50 each at a salvage yard (only 50k on them) and if I were to buy them new from say Autozone, than they are like 169 dollars.

Reply to
Adam