Wheel Load Capacity

I am looking at getting some new wheels (finally) for my truck. One thing I have noticed is that the load capacity across brands changes greatly, running from 2100 to 3100.
Are there any pointers one should know when looking at wheels and it's load capacity? I don't feel like spending $130.00 plus on a wheel and not have it meet my needs.
If in doubt, spend the extra and get the high rated wheels.
You're too good of a friend to risk on cheap wheels even on a shovitaways.
Budd
azwiley1 wrote:

Thanks Budd.

thing I

load
have
Hey, I'd rather talk to you than about you, ya know. <VBG>
Budd
azwiley1 wrote:

Completely understand my friend. %^)

shovitaways.
My son, Bryon, gets his discharge in February. Are you still in AZ?
Budd
azwiley1 wrote:

Yup still here and from the looks of things, I will be here at least another year (which I don't mind)
Now that I am finally getting things (life included) straightened out a trip to Moab is not out of the question.

it's
azwiley1 wrote:

Cool. Then what?

I'll keep a cold soda and a hot rock or two handy fer ya.
Budd

Well, I have the tires and wheels ordered. Should be here in about two weeks. Ended up with the Dunlop Mud Rovers.

it's
I agree, almost. If you have a 1/2 ton truck, then there is no real NEED for higher capacity rims for the extra cash because you are going to be limited by your GVW, not the wheel/tire combo in most cases, quite possibly.
Like Budd said, though - if in doubt...
Snowman

thing I

load
have
Ok, now that I have found and ordered my wheels, M/T Classic II's (16*8 w/a 3200 load capacity). I am looking for tires. I have a few different ones I am looking at, they are all either MT's or a very aggressive AT.
Three from Dunlop One from Nitto One from General
Any thoughts and opinions on these brands?

w/a
A friend at work really brags about Yokohama Geolander tires. If you can get past the name, they are a decent looking tire and seem to do well in mud and snow.
Denny

ones
get
and
I was looking last year and had settled on those. Seems like a heck of a tire. Tire Rack has info on them.
Roy