Where do I find a cylinder head if needed?

At this point, I'm still not sure if I'm up against a need to replace the head gasket or the entire head on this truck. I priced a new head for the thing and an OEM head is +$700.

A vortec head is around $200 from the same dealer (although, I can't run one of each). The Vortec conversion (complete) is right at $1200.

I thought I had heard of crate engines for good prices a while back (around $1500?). Can anyone offer a location or web site on this?

Thanks, Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Hey Snow, Found this.

Reply to
TrailShredder

Snowman....

A crate engine is the best way to go..!!

Check here

Miller Time

Hey Snowman..Here's another good link.....

Miller Time

Yank the heads and have them magnafluxed. This will show you if it's a cracked head or just the head gasket.+

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

yeah, I know. They're at the local NAPA machine shop being checked, magnafluxed - whatever they need. I just wanted to get my ducks in a row in case I get bad news. I don't want to get my back up against a wall.

Thanks, Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

what truck?

Reply to
Im Right

Snow,

Check out the 350 HO @

or
it's around $2k IIRC. Also, the base 350 they sell is a 260 HP beastie for around $1500.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

'94 K1500 Suburban 350/4L60E

Reply to
Snowman

check these guys out

look at the shipping and core charges, then check out what the local dealer wants..

Reply to
Elbert Clarke